Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Surprise

Holiday Season 2008 Analysis

Pros:
-I got answers to almost all the questions I have wanted to ask my immediate family for years. Thank you, Mommy.
-Most of my family members on one side were buzzed and started blurting out mini-secrets and funny quips. Thank you, family drinkers.
-I related closer to my sister than I ever have before. We both opened up and admitted all the stuff we were going through and feeling, along with what we went through and used to feel, leading to a dizzying amount of parallel experiences, particularly in our present situations. I now consider her one of my closest friends, instead of just a sister/friend. Thank you, Rachelle.
-I held my cousin's 6-or-so-month-old son and he took a strong liking to me over many others, as I seem to have a strange power over young kids and animals (or other beings not commonly in the habit of deep critical thought). Thank you, Luke.
-I connected with some friends I have not seen in a long time, even making a deep connection with one in particular through eerily similar thoughts and feelings. Thank you, Vince.
-I felt the strongest feeling of holiday spirit I have ever had throughout the month of December. Thank you, Santa.

Cons:
-I received barely any presents, (but also barely any I-obviously-don't-know-you presents). Thank you, givers of gifts.


This may be an insultingly abbreviated and superficial analysis, but I am still just trying to take it all in. I do plan to extrapolate on many of the more interesting tidbits I learned. But, not until I overthink them to the point of ludicrous correlations and conclusions.
Nevertheless, it was easily the best holiday season ever. Thank you, everyone.

No comments: